There’s nothing easy about moving. We’ve probably moved at least 6 times in the past 2 years. We’ve moved in and out of our apartment because of a fire on a floor above us, then again when we sold that apartment and a couple more times after that to our parents houses while we waited for our townhome to be completed and then now to Ladner. Luckily we have lots of handy and helpful friends and family who are able to help us move!
We came up with a game plan for the day and went over it and over it with each other.
The game plan was:
- The day before we pack the 5 tonne truck with all our stuff from storage and our family’s houses.
- On Moving Day, Mikayla and Zoey hang out with Grandma (Lisa, Chris’ Mom) and we all head over to the Townhouse
- Chris’ buddies and my bro meet us at the house to unload the truck
- The guys build things, like our bed, Ikea stuff, crib
- At noon, my girlfriends arrive to unpack boxes and put stuff away
- At 2pm, my Mom dropped off lunch, fried chicken and pancit (noodles)!
The guys leave and then the next wave of people came, my brother in law, sister in law and Lisa with Zoey and Mikayla! They helped us hang everything and unpack more boxes. Then my parents came with dinner! My Dad then left with all our boxes to take to recycling. By the end of the day everything was set up and put away. AHHHMAZING. Seriously. SO AMAZING. We’re so thankful. We couldn’t have done it without everyone!
At the end of the day, when it was just Chris and I on the couch, I looked back. We took chances, experienced some ups and downs, made the best of every situation and just did our best. Now here we are in our new home. We owe it to our family and friends. How did we get so lucky?